Keskiviikko 24. syyskuuta 2003 klo 22:37
Joel näyttää toimiston mallia: Bionic Office. Lainaus artikkelista:
- Private offices with doors that close were absolutely required and not open to negotiation.
- Programmers need lots of power outlets. They should be able to plug new gizmos in at desk height without crawling on the floor.
- We need to be able to rewire any data lines (phone, LAN, cable TV, alarms, etc.) easily without opening any walls, ever.
- It should be possible to do pair programming.
- When you’re working with a monitor all day, you need to rest your eyes by looking at something far away, so monitors should not be up against walls.
- The office should be a hang out: a pleasant place to spend time. If you’re meeting your friends for dinner after work you should want to meet at the office.